The Clerk-Treasurer is a combination of the offices of City Clerk and City Treasurer. The position serves the Mayor and City Council and works under the direction of the City Administrator.
- Providing a variety of financial services including accounting, payroll, accounts payable, cash management and monthly and annual financial reporting
- Assisting in the preparation of a proposed budget for the fiscal year
- Recording the proceedings and generating the official minutes of all City Council meetings
- Maintaining official documents of the City Council, including resolutions and ordinances
- Attesting to official acts of the Mayor and receiving legal papers that are served on the City
- The Clerk/Treasurer is the designated agent to receive a claim for damages against the City.